Terms of Service for the Virtual Art Academy® Apprentice Program
By registering with us or using or browsing this online campus, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the online campus and compliance with these terms.
In the spirit of sharing knowledge, all content uploaded to this website may be used in lessons as examples to help other students learn.
You agree to not disclose your account password to others, and you agree to notify Virtual Art Academy immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Virtual Art Academy is not responsible for, nor liable, for any loss or other injury you may incur as a result of someone else using your user account or password, either with or without your knowledge.
You also agree to upload a passport style photograph as part of your member profile. This photo will not be visible to anyone outside of the Virtual Art Academy online campus, and will not be given to anyone else.
This online campus is not directed to anyone younger than 13 and is offered only to users 13 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this online campus represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
You agree not to modify, reproduce, copy or resell any of the content of the online campus, to download or copy any user’s account information for the benefit of another party; to bypass any technical measures used to prevent or restrict access to any portion of the web site; to violate or attempt to violate the security of the web site, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the virtual art academy web site. You agree to use this web site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.
You agree and warrant that all information you provide to Virtual Art Academy through this web site, including but not limited to any contact information and other registration information for your account, is truthful and accurate. You further agree to maintain the accuracy of your account information, including but not limited to any changes to your email address. You agree that if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Virtual Art Academy has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Virtual Art Academy may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the web site and any associated services.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the web site and related services, and that Virtual Art Academy has no obligation to monitor or resolve disputes between users of the site.
You understand that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, video, messages, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not Virtual Art Academy, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the web site or any associated services. You understand and agree that any content you post to the web site or any section thereof becomes a permanent addition to the online campus, and that you have no right to demand the removal of any content you post to the web site or any section thereof.
You grant the following licenses with respect to content you post or submit to the online campus.
- You hereby expressly grant to Virtual Art Academy a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide, irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, edit, translate, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute and display the content on, in connection with, or to advertise, promote or archive the web site, and any future features & services for the Virtual Art Academy community, as is necessary for the operation & preservation of Virtual Art Academy and any future features and services for the Virtual Art Academy community, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. This license is necessary to allow us to operate and properly host the web site, as well as develop new features and services for the Virtual Art Academy community as new online technologies arise.
- With respect to any photographs you submit taken by yourself, you grant to all other users of the web site a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide, irrevocable right and license to use your uploaded images as reference images in the creation of new artwork in a different medium (such as painting, sculpture, and so on), and to sell the artwork they create pursuant to this license to use the image. You do not grant other users the right to digitally alter the image or to otherwise use or sell the image in its unaltered state. You retain the copyright to the original image.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any content you post or submit to the online campus, that use of the information or content you post or submit does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third parties, and that use of the information or content you post or submit will not cause injury to any person or entity. You agree that you will indemnify Virtual Art Academy or its affiliates for all claims resulting from or related to content you post or submit.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this online campus:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this online campus without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this online campus or prevent others from using this online campus, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this online campus, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this online campus;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this online campus or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this online campus or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation.
Virtual Art Academy does not control any content delivered via the web site and related services by you or other users, and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using the online campus, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Virtual Art Academy be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the web site and/or associated services.
The opinions expressed in postings or other content on this web site are not necessarily those of Virtual Art Academy or its content providers, advertisers, sponsors, affiliated or related entities. Virtual Art Academy makes no representations or warranties regarding any information or opinions posted to or otherwise included on or transmitted through the web site. Virtual Art Academy does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or determine whether the content violates the rights of others. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Harass any member of the online campus in any way;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this online campus or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this online campus for the purposes of automating logins to this online campus;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the online campus infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this online campus;
- Use this online campus as a generic file hosting service;
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this online campus.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this online campus to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct.
Also, you agree that you will not make derivative works, including but not limited to:
- uploading of assignments and related VAA lesson information to personal or public websites or blogs
- copying of VAA text and related examples to personal or public websites or blogs
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this online campus you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this online campus and participation with this online campus.